Wednesday, March 6, 2013

C4T Post 1 & 2

Post #1
I got Mrs. Ripp's blog this month, and I really liked her personality. She made me think about a lot! In the first post I commented on she was having a moment where she feels like she failed a student. She felt she didn't motivate this particular student enough when she had the chance. She began wondering when and if teachers should apologize to the students they can't seem to reach.
My comment to her was an introduction first. I asked her a question about how exactly do you control a classroom with out using rewards as motivators. I don't want my class to expect that. She gave a great link to more of her posts to read.


Post #2
Mrs.Ripp had an incident with a student where they didn't see eye to eye. But she said she deserved it. The issue was she admitting in the post that she wanted to be "right"  and she wouldn't back down. The student later sent her an email explaining why he was also stubborn about being right.
And she felt like this was a "gift" that he gave her in a sense of him finally opening up to her. This gave her a chance to redeem herself and become a better teacher because of the situation.
My response was I told her it was a wake up call to the fact sometimes things like this CAN happen. I told her these types of moments of feeling like a failure and then getting uplifted again is what make us good teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment