Monday, April 15, 2013

C4T #4

  
Comment #1
Johnny Bevacqua explains in his blog post the importance of working collaboratively. He believe it promotes children to be creative and promotes deep learning. He also feels that competition between students promotes those similar benefits, but feels that competition, and creativity should always be used together.Some research was found that said if the focus was on competition then the work will be done fast. If it was done with cooperation then it will be done right.  Johnny says to teach student when to use both characteristic will teach them to be better role models.
I told him that kids should never be in a hurry to get their work done in order to "beat" another kid. That sounds like we are putting the wrong ideas in their heads about school work. Their goals should always be to get the work done, but right!

Comment #2

This post by Dan Kerr was very uplifting for me at this time of stress from deadlines and finals, along with managing a household with three kids.. He explains the importance of smiles. Smiles have the power to directly alter your mood. He said that the simple act of waking up with a smile will set your day up much more positively.  It will make you more approachable to your students, and fellow teachers. It will help make students feel welcome in your classroom, which will lead to incredibly happier children. 
I wrote about how much I need to read this post tonight. With being overcome with stress at times it's east to forget that it's almost over and I'm a little closer to my reward of being a teacher. I realized I need to make more of an effort in smiling more often not only for my children, but for myself. It's such a simple act that can go such a long way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment