Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blog Post #11

Photo of Ms. Cassidy
Ms. Kathy Cassidy is a first grade teacher in Canada. Ms. Cassidy likes to use blogs as a mean to communicate things that are happening in her classroom. Her students can show their work on their blogs, along with various resources they use. Ms. Cassidy seems like she's such a fun teacher, and so smart. I love her view on children blogging in that the public are the children's audience. And that audience can help improve the students writing and spark new ideas in their heads.

In her skype interview with Dr. Strange and some EDM students she gave lots of useful information. She explained how teachers should always be technological literate and always be willing to improve their teaching style. Twitter truly is a great way to grow your PLN. I personally didn't realize the amount of really quality resources and ideas I would get. She has a great post on her blog about choosing the right people for you and your students to follow on Twitter.

She touched on something I wondered about, and that is how to keep kids as safe as possible in the internet. She explained to not use a child's last name, and no pictures associated with a name. When the students get online to play games it's a good idea to remind them to only stay on the middle of the page, and never click on any side links. I really enjoyed her ideas, and have saved many of her resources that I believe will help me in the future.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! I enjoyed reading your post. I also thought Ms. Cassidy shared valuable information for the class about technology and more specifically blogging. I think she is a great contact and she seems to be willing to provide helpful information to teachers who are looking to integrate technology into the classroom. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete