Tuesday, March 26, 2013

C4T #3

 Comment # 1

Mathew Needleman explained the importance in teaching children today how to search and use the search engine tools. He gives great tips on using Google search that I didn't even know about. Like using the minus sign to eliminate certain search results. I love that he gave a cheat sheet to use. I saved it for myself. This type of information helps kids get a head start on learning how to do research, and find valuable information.

Response: I told Mr. Needleman  that I had to bookmark those great resources !  I thanked him on providing this information. It will help children learn how to use their time wisely and efficiently.

Comment # 2

Mr. Needleman provided some apps used for creative writing, fluency, and learning letter sounds. He narrowed his list of educational apps to meet the needs in literacy. There are fluency apps allow the kids to make stories along with recording their voices for them to recognize their mistakes.  The writing apps let kids create story books of movies. Apps like StoryKit allow students to  make a book to practice letter sounds.

My response: I told him I loved the idea about making the letter books since I have a passion for helping kids with their reading skills.  I feel like these apps make learning fun and easy. I told him I really enjoyed using imovie the few times I've gotten the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment