Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Special Blog Post Assignment # 1


Wolfram

Wolfram search engineWow! This site was so neat! In fact my nine year old sat, and looked up rock information for her lesson in school this week. I love how the random facts pop up at the bottom. This will 100% be used in my house again and again. You can use this site at a tool to get students to go and learn a new facts each week and get them to share and talk about it. That will be a good idea to get them to interact with each other, and get a feel for technology all at the same time.

I found using Wolfram that the population between India, China, and the United states were:
India- 1.21 Billion
China- 1.35
United States- 309 Million
So, it obvious that India and China are much more the same size compare to the United States.
I also did two more comparative searches. I decided to try a smaller scale and search two cities population.
Bay Minette, Alabama- 8,044
Mobile, Alabama- 195,111
The difference is huge!  Next, I did it by state.     
California- 37.69 Million
Alabama- 4.803 Million

Personalized media counterThe Count

I do believe I could watch this all day! I'm amazed at how fast those numbers are moving. It just means that we, as teachers also have to learn and keep up at a fast rate. The numbers are not going to slow down. I'm still always so shocked at the amount of money spend on gaming.

I'm not a gamer so I just don't understand. I looked at how much was spent in the last year and couldn't help but thinks that money could be used to go toward a much bigger national debt, instead of a game. But, that's a whole other issue I have with a lot of things.


1 comment:

  1. "..that money could be used to go toward a much bigger national debt.." I agree. I don't understand why gaming is so big either. I just think of other things I could use that money for.

    As a whole the blog post was fine, but you may want to go back and read it out loud. Some of the word choices you used were not really needed or was in the wrong tense.

    ReplyDelete