Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blog Post # 4

Flat Stanley Podcast

My daughter Flat Ally
I just love flat Stanley, and so do my kids. In fact we have a Flat Ally at our house! Ally is my middle daughter and in kindergarten. I listened to the Flat Stanley podcast done by children from all over the world. This was so entertaining to listen too! How lucky for these kids to get the opportunity to learn and work on a project with so many kids from all over. They showed so much enthusiasm for this project. Their use of expression while reading this was great, it's so good to learn these skills at a young age to be a good reader. I love how they got to learn facts about all the countries that Flat Stanley got to go too.


Langwiches-1st Graders Create Audiobook 

Langwiches post is about first graders creating a read-along book by recording the children reading, and the teacher making the script. This is such a neat idea to do with students of this age.This is a great way for  students to see the beginning and end of an in depth project, and all the work that gets put in it. As a person that loves to read, and help children learn to read I loved that the children used there "reading" fingers to follow along with the podcast. It's a good thing that the teacher made them write about their experience, not only to teach the kids to write their thoughts, but so the teachers receive feedback on how the kids liked the project.

Curriki- Podcast Collection

The Curriki site is so full of information! I know I would use this if I ever got the chance to podcast with my class. This was good for me personally to read because it gave a simple definition of what a podcast was. I like that it's got examples for student and also a rubric for you to have for grading. It's so important for kids to learn these skill early. It will enable them to keep up with the fast pace of technology. I myself, still have so much to learn, but how exciting to get the opportunity to learn these skills!

1 comment:

  1. "...if I ever got the chance to podcast with my class." Make it happen!

    "...I myself, still have so much to learn,..." Learning never ends!

    ReplyDelete