Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Post #15

I am beyond excited to start the process of having a classroom. From getting my teaching strategies organized to decorating ideas (Pinterest junkie, remember). I have every intention on having a class blog. Not only because of the learning potential of my students, but because I have three kids and the amount of papers they each bring home is insane. Think of how much money the schools would save if teachers would be required to have blogs, and save all that paper. My teaching will be fun, interactive, and hands on, and I will never stop learning and figuring out new ways to do things if things aren't working.

I have plans to not only use a blog, but also use tools like Prezi so kids can express themselves while learning and presenting. I also recently discovered TeacherTube where you can upload educational videos, or lessons that you teach. There is a vast amount of lessons being taught on that site for either the teacher to view for information.There are sites like Edmodo, which is a type of social media site for teachers. You can get many ideas and lessons from this site. You can also have a collection of videos for your class to view. You can use a tool like this possibly if you were going to flip your classroom.  Those are just a few tools I will use in my classroom.

I feel after I start on my student teaching I will get a better feel of how a teachers days is spent and what I can do in that time. I want my classroom to be simple, and uncluttered. At least that's how I envision it being. I believe a cluttered classroom makes chaos. If there are too many distractions then kids won't be focused on things they need to be focused on. I hope to teach grades third and up. That's just what I prefer, of course I will take anything I can get these days. I want my center's to have quality resources


Part 2: I was so worried I would never have enough to say to take up 5 minutes. Well, I was wrong to think that. Apparently I'm a chatty Cathy and I talked for 12 minutes!I had to shorten it, but I'll put the full version on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment