Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T #1

Lee Kolbert, from A Geeky Mom is wild about technology. In January she share about the upcoming Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC). This conference was open to any K-12 educator to provide them them with up to date technology strategies. They have valuable speakers at this conference to discuss the brain and how it learns. For the first time at the 2013 conference they will be highlighting schools that have excelled in technology and are striving. An exhibit will will be avalible for teachers to browse new tools for technology.
 My response: I introduced myself and told her that the conference sounded like something I would love to be a part of one day. I think it's a great motivator for teachers to get out and learn new things for their own classroom. I told her I was excited to follow her blog and to see how she liked being at the conference.

Lee, on her 2nd post explained the ways social media would be involved with the FETC. There are a variety of ways you can keep up with what's going on if you are not able to attend. Twitter, Facebook, Google +, and YouTube are some of the ways to stay in touch. Also, a mobile app will be available to keep up with schedules and maps.
 My response: I told her that it was wonderful that this type of service was available for people that were not able to attend this kind of conference. Social media is such a huge part of most people's lives that they would sure reach a multitude of people. The app is also a great concept, and idea to use for maps and schedules for when certain situation arise. I thanked her for giving this information out to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment